Understanding the school fees structure is crucial for both freshers and returning students at the University of Medical Sciences (Unimed).
Aspiring medical professionals are often concerned about the financial aspects of their education.
In this article, we provide a detailed guide to Unimed school fees, outlining the fees for both freshers (newly admitted students) and returning students.
This comprehensive breakdown will help you plan your finances effectively and make informed decisions regarding your education at Unimed.
Let’s explore the school fees structure at Unimed!
School Fees for Freshers (Newly Admitted Students):
- College of Medicine:
- MBBS (Medicine and Surgery): The school fees for freshers in the MBBS program at Unimed typically range from ₦450,000 to ₦550,000 per session.
- Faculty of Nursing Sciences:
- BNSc (Bachelor of Nursing Science): The school fees for freshers in the BNSc program generally range from ₦300,000 to ₦400,000 per session.
- Faculty of Dentistry:
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery): The school fees for freshers in the BDS program usually range from ₦400,000 to ₦500,000 per session.
- Faculty of Pharmacy:
- B.Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy): The school fees for freshers in the B.Pharm program typically range from ₦350,000 to ₦450,000 per session.
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences:
- Anatomy, Physiology, and Biochemistry: The school fees for freshers in these programs generally range from ₦200,000 to ₦300,000 per session.
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences:
- Medical Laboratory Science, Physiotherapy, Radiography and Radiation Sciences, Optometry, and Public Health: The school fees for freshers in these programs typically range from ₦200,000 to ₦300,000 per session.
School Fees for Returning Students
The school fees for returning students at Unimed may vary slightly from the fees for freshers. The following are general ranges for returning students:
- College of Medicine: ₦400,000 to ₦500,000 per session.
- Faculty of Nursing Sciences: ₦250,000 to ₦350,000 per session.
- Faculty of Dentistry: ₦350,000 to ₦450,000 per session.
- Faculty of Pharmacy: ₦300,000 to ₦400,000 per session.
- Faculty of Basic Medical Sciences: ₦150,000 to ₦250,000 per session.
- Faculty of Allied Health Sciences: ₦150,000 to ₦250,000 per session.
Note: The school fees provided above are estimates and subject to change. It is essential to check the official Unimed website or contact the university’s bursary department for the most accurate and up-to-date information on school fees.
Q1: How often do the school fees at Unimed change?
A1: Unimed school fees may change from time to time, depending on factors such as economic conditions, inflation rates, and university policies. It is advisable to regularly check the official Unimed website or contact the bursary department for the most up-to-date information on school fees.
Q2: Are there any additional fees apart from the tuition fees at Unimed?
A2: Yes, in addition to tuition fees, Unimed students may be required to pay other fees such as registration fees, accommodation fees (if applicable), laboratory fees, library fees, and other miscellaneous charges. These additional fees contribute to various services and facilities provided by the university.
Q3: Can I pay the school fees in installments at Unimed?
A3: Unimed may have provisions for paying school fees in installments. However, the availability and terms of installment payment plans may vary. It is recommended to contact the bursary department or the university’s financial services office for information on installment payment options and the associated requirements
Understanding the school fees structure is crucial for planning your education at Unimed.
Whether you are a fresher or a returning student, having a clear understanding of the expected school fees will help you budget your finances effectively.